Thursday, June 08, 2006

Poison Ivy

For the past couple of weeks I have been battling poison ivy. I never had poison ivy until I moved to my new house which has trees with poison ivy vines that are bigger than my leg. I got it last summer pretty mildly, and then some this winter but a couple of weeks ago I got it pretty bad so that it spread all over my body. For those who have had it you know how it goes- the more you itch the worse it gets. Calamine lotion and Benadryl help for a time but they do not treat.

This past Monday I went to the doctor and got a shot and a steriod (not the Barry Bonds kind) and my symptoms have thankfully abated.

All this reminds me of how sin is like posion ivy. It is vicious. It is virulent. The more you scratch it (give in to it) the worse it gets. When it comes to sin though we have to go to the Great Physician who heals our sin and restores our soul. I may get posion ivy again and I know I will sin again but thankfully there is a cure for each!

No comments: