Wednesday, July 11, 2007

8 Years


8 years is the number of years Diana and I have been married. We have known each other for 13. She spent quite a bit of time relentlessly pursuing me:) We celebrated our anniversary July 10th with a special dinner at Brocks in downtown Fredericksburg- we had a gift certificate. No, I am not cheap I did get her a pregnancy massage at Ambiance Day Spa. Diana is a beautiful, intelligent, compassionate, and patient person. I am blessed to have her as my wife and my ministry partner.


I have noticed that every church planter has the best wife in the world. That is because we all do. Not only does it take a special woman to be pastor's wife it takes an extra special woman to be a planter's wife (spouse). It is so important to make sure the spouse is on board when planting because of the stress of the situation, the chaos, and the uncertainty. It is not for everybody. When Diana and I came to Massaponax she was getting ready to start her own orthodontic practice (including building her own building), we had just bought our first home, we were getting ready to have Jack, and yeah we were starting a church.


It takes a committed and virtuous woman to be part of all this. I am glad I am married to one!

No comments: