Monday, December 17, 2007

Ways to Know You are Old

As I turn 33 this day and reflect on my aging here are some ways I know I am getting old:

  • I have hair growing out my ears (that is just nasty).
  • I have noticed some white hairs on my head and especially in my beard if I do not shave a for a couple of days.
  • I find myself saying that no good music has come out since Guns N Roses.
  • I look at people like the nurse that cared for Nolan in the hospital and think "How old are you 12?"
  • Even though I exercise my gut continues to grow!
  • I say find myself saying the same things to my kids that my parents said to me (i.e. you want to cry, I will give you something to cry about).
  • I talk about the wonders of Atari 2600 with young kids and they have no idea what I am talking about.

No comments: