Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Malachi Challenge

This past week I issued to the followers of Christ who consider New Season Church their church home what is called the Malachi Challenge. You can see the contents of the challenge below. We can offer such a challenge because...
  • We trust God to do what he says he is going to do.
  • We know God desires our good.
  • We operate from a position of abundance and not scarcity- God owns the whole universe.
  • God is faithful to all his promises.
  • God calls us to risk.

Here is the Malachi Challenge

Malachi 3:10
"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.”

Terms:
· I understand that this form must be completed and received by New Season Church prior to my beginning of the Malachi Challenge.
· I understand that I cannot seek a refund prior to the end of my Malachi Challenge Period, and that I cannot seek a refund for any contributions made prior to the beginning of my Malachi Challenge Period.
· I understand that any request for refund must be received by New Season Church within 30 days of the end of my Malachi Challenge Period.
· I would like to test God's faithfulness by accepting the Malachi Challenge. I agree that for the three-month period I state below, my household will contribute to God, through New Season Church, a tithe equal to 10% of our income. At the end of the three-month period, if I am not convinced of God's faithfulness to bless my life as a result of my obedience to his word, then I will be entitled to request a refund of the full amount of contributions made during that 90-day period.

Name (Printed)_______________________________

Signed Name _________________________________

I choose the time for my Malachi Challenge Period
to be from ________________ to _________________.
(Please choose a three month period)

No comments: