Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Living in the Moment

One thing that has always been a struggle for me has been to live in the moment. I suspect it is a trouble for others as well. I have found as I look back that I have always lived for the next thing. As a child I lived to be a teenager, as a teenager to be 18, as a high schooler to be in college, as a boyfriend to be married, as a husband to be a dad- you get the idea.

As hair grows out my ears and hair on top of my head begins to show some gray strands and as I grow in faith, God is teaching me to live more in the moment- in there here and now. I am learning that while looking to the future is not bad, if we do it too much we miss the present. I am learning that my current ministry is what is right in front of me.

I don't ever want to stop looking to the hope of the future- but I do not want to miss the present.

No comments: