Wednesday, August 06, 2008

DMV Woes

I recently purchased a used Volkswagen Golf to save on gas mileage. I got tired of spending $80 a fill up for my truck to go 250-300 miles which goes awfully fast when driving around town. I have had a time getting the title from the used car dealer but it finally came. I had to go to DMV to get the license plate/ registration.

I thought going near the beginning of the month was a good idea. You know they say stay away at the end of the month. I did not think it was a good idea an hour and a half later with an over tired 9 month old and a four and six year old who could not be still (who could blame them). It didn't help that for whatever reason people that came in after me went before me. They really should have a sign up explaining why that is.

The DMV though is the perfect argument for privatization. I can think of very few things the government does better than the private sector. See if the DMV had competition or was run by the private sector there would be more than one DMV for one of the fasting growing regions in the country, all the windows would be open, and things would be more efficient. It is high time for the state to get out of a business they cannot afford to fully staff or provide adequate service for.

But alas, Jesus is Lord! I am blessed beyond measure and the DMV is the least of my worries except for that hour and a half!! Thanks be to God!!

No comments: