Friday, August 08, 2008

One Prayer Starts This Week


I am real excited to be starting the One Prayer message series this week. I think the One Prayer concept which you can read more about here makes a great statement of our Oneness in Christ. That despite all our differences we are unified in Christ.


I have written previously about a new ecumenism that is being birthed around the common mission of seeing people come to the richness of Jesus' love and see them develop into devoted followers of Jesus. That is this.


I will be starting off the series sharing my One Prayer- Make Us Alive. I am inspired by what John Wesley once wrote. Writing way back in 1786 he wrote: “I am not afraid that the people called Methodists should ever cease to exist in Europe or America. But I am afraid, lest they should only exist as a dead sect, having the form of religion without the power of.”


I think that is a concern not just for Methodists but for all followers of Jesus everywhere.

No comments: